The lovely Megan of The Fashionable Bureaucrat (who happens to have the most amazing collection of shoes EVER) nominated me for a Liebster Award a couple of weeks ago. And now I’m finally getting around to fulfilling my duties, which are:
- Post 11 facts about myself.
- Answer the previous 11 questions.
- Choose 11 nominees (no tag back) and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees.
- Go and tell them they’ve been nominated.
*takes a deep breath* So! Here I go!
Post 11 Facts
- I just celebrated 3 years at ModCloth, and in celebration of my 3-year “Modiversary”, the “Can’t Hardly Kate Dress” (made by one of my fave retro designers, Trashy Diva) was named after me!
- Yellow just might be my favorite color.
- I minored in Fine Arts. Going for the minor helped me justify (to myself) taking the fine arts classes that I loved.
- My great granny lived to 102. Every so often, I use that fact to remind myself that I’m really, really young.
- I find it difficult to be outgoing & am naturally more reserved and shy. But I love being part of communities & work hard to overcome my shyness.
- I’ve got 2 crazy, cuddly, lovable dogs.
- I’m pretty sure I’m solar powered.
- I’ve been to 6 continents, assuming that you count North and South America, and Europe and Asia, as separate continents.
- I have a thing for multiples of 3.
- I love playing games, particularly of the strategic (e.g. Settlers of Catan), palabric (e.g. Scrabble), or numeric (e.g. sudoku) variety.
- I’m left-handed.
Answer 11 Questions
- Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had it?
Under a tiled floor in the bathroom. I heard that robbers never really check the bathroom.
- Do you currently have all your organs?
Yes! Is that unusual?
- For a pet, would you rather have a crow, a fringed lizard, or a taxidermized wolf?
Definitely the lizard. Crows are crazy loud, and it’d be hard to give it a good living environment indoors. I’m not a fan of taxidermy and only want live pets, so that leaves the lizard.
- Slips – yes or no?
Only when necessary.
- If you could hire one of the following for one year which would you hire: House cleaner, personal chef, or massage therapist?
House cleaner. My husband is an awesome cook (I’m not bad either, when I get around to it), and as much as I’d enjoy a personal massage therapist, I’d LOVE to not have to clean.
- Fruit pie, cream pie or cheesecake?
Mmm, all sound tasty! Cheesecake, as long as it’s true NY style. Unless the fruit pie is strawberry rhubarb pie, heated, with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top.
- If you were on Jeopardy and got the Daily Double, would make it a true daily double?
Depends on my score relative to the other players. Almost certainly in the first round.
- Did you ever wear braces? (If yes, are your teeth still straight?)
- Favourite decade – 1970s, 1980s, or 2000s?
Fashion-wise, the 1980s (some trends from the 1950s – like the full skirt – were incorporated. And I love me some 1950s fashion!). And music-wise too. Guess I’ll just go with the 1980s!
- Do you prefer routine or variety?
I like some variety in my routine.
- Do you sleep with your bedroom door open or closed?
These days, open. But I used to only sleep with it closed.
Choose 11 Nominees
- Manners and Moxie
- What the Haute
- Off Kelly’s Hanger
- Ryzenberg On
- The Curvy Blogger
- Of Corgis & Cocktails
- Sarah’s Ambitions
- Coca and Vera
- The Dapper Bun
- Sartorial Sidelines
- The Shades of Monet Chronicles
Ask 11 New Questions
- Name a movie you loved as a kid.
- Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks?
- Favorite season?
- What’s one of your guilty pleasures?
- Preferred silhouette: sheath or fit-and-flare?
- Which 1980s cartoon heroine would you be: Strawberry Shortcake, She-Ra, Jem, or Rainbow Brite?
- What’s the last game you played?
- What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- Do you prefer fragrances that are floral, fruity, woody, spicy, or citrusy?
- Would you rather live under the sea or in space (assuming both are viable options)?
- What was your first blog post about (for your current blog)?
Psst! If you want to play along but don’t want to do the whole shebang, I’d love to hear your answers to these questions, or some random fun facts about yourself. :)