Earlier I posted about the outfit I wore for Lunar New Year’s Eve, but I’m just now getting to the real New Year’s Eve story: the feast.
My husband and I joined several of our friends at his parents’ place for an absolutely amazing 12-course, all-day feast.
We started out with 4 courses of appetizers:
- Gow Choi Gau Zi (shrimp and chives dumplings)
- Lo bak go (daikon cake)
- Trio appetizer platter: 5-spice beef, jellyfish, BBQ pork
- Minced chicken in lettuce wrap
Then moved on to the main courses:
- Dried scallop soup with chives and crab meat
- Sautéed prawns and scallops in XO sauce
- Beef and broccoli florets in oyster sauce
- Stir-fried crab with green onions & ginger
- Steamed whole fish
- Pea sprouts in garlic sauce
And finished up with 2 courses for dessert:
- Don tats
- Fortune cookies and orange slices
Keep reading for the recipes!